Design Thinking is a process to that encourages creative thinking and innovation in trying to solve complex issues. It comes to us from the world of designers and is applicable across many fields – from business to education. In this workshop, you will learn the process by experiencing it and then think about how you can apply it to your business or social enterprise. At the heart of Design Thinking is the idea of re-connecting with the creative 8-year old in you.
Design Thinking can be summarized by a 5-step approach:
1. Empathize: understand the user experience.
2. Define: the problem that you’re trying to solve.
3. Brainstorm: generate many possible ideas to meet the needs you identified.
4. Prototype: create a sketch, a model, or even a role-play of your proposed solution
5. Test: try it out. What worked? What did not? Iterate!
Some of the steps above may have fancy words, but at the heart of Design Thinking is the idea of re-connecting with the creative 8-year old in you. Ready to jump in and have some fun?